Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML350 G5

just in case it is \mount\dvd

not /mount/dvd

correct "\"
\mount\dvd

incorrect "/"
/mount/dvd
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
David Biddle2

I have the same problem although a little different now that I'm using the 8.15 smartstart for x64. Once I choose the dvd the screen goes gray, the dvd light stays on solid and it remains this way indefinitely. If I right click and reload, it brings me to smartstart home page. Using 2008 enterprise x64 DVD media and it's not working.
I'm booting off the windows DVD now and just installing windows 2008 and that looks to be going well. So, don't use the stupidstart hp cd, just boot off windows cd/dvd and save yourself some trouble.
Pedroski

I too, as well as many others on various forums, was getting the "invalid directory" error when I typed in "?mount/DVD". I played ng with it a bit and figured out that it may be a Linux root structure character issue. Instead of putting in "/mount/DVD", add an extra backslash in front of mount, so it would be "//mount/DVD". Worked like a champ for me; the Windows Server files started loading away.
David Biddle2

I'll try the double backslash meathod after I download the DVD from Microsoft again. My install seemed to be going well directly from the 2008 DVD but then came to a hault because one of the files was corrupt (maybe this is why the dvd drive and smartstart locked up in my case?). I had to download the DVD from the microsoft volume licensing website, hopefully this time it works. I'll know tomorrow.
David Biddle2

I was using the ISO Recorder v3 on vista to burn the DVD. After checking, it seems the DVDs I was burning were bad. So using 8.15 of smartstart (X64 version) and using a good burning program to write my windows svr 2008 x64 dvd, I was able to get through this and install the os. When you are promted for the dvd files, use the browse button and just select the dvd folder.
Neil Cummings
Occasional Advisor

Use SmartStart 8.30, this works.