Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant ML350 Gen10 Second HDD cage

Highlighted
Jiri-P
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ML350 Gen10 Second HDD cage

Proliant ML350 Gen10 now supports mixing SFF and LFF drive cages.

My question is, what components do I need, if I want to install LFF cage to server with installed one SFF cage and P408i-a SR controller, to install additional SATA drives.. I've read documentation for server, controller, cage, but I'm still not sure what is included in drive cage kit and what to buy extra.

I know that I need:

874566-B21 4 LFF Hot-Plug hard drive cage

What else ?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
DANDKS
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant ML350 Gen10 Second HDD cage

Refer to the OverView page for ML350 Gen10 server:

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=a00021852enw

Supports mixed LFF and SFF drive cages within the same server for tiered storage. 

NOTE: Now the system can support mixed SFF and LFF HDD cages in one system, for example, 4LFF + 8SFF + 4LFF based on a 4 LFF chassis

874566-B21 4 LFF Hot-Plug hard drive cage, this kit contains the below parts

Blank Large Form Factor (LFF) reduced depth
Hot Plug Hard drive backplane supports 4-Large Form Factor (LFF), 12 Gb/s transfer rate SAS

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
Highlighted
Jiri-P
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for reply. To be sure, so I need only:

874566-B21 4 LFF Hot-Plug hard drive cage, this kit contains the below parts Blank Large Form Factor (LFF) reduced depth
Hot Plug Hard drive backplane supports 4-Large Form Factor (LFF), 12 Gb/s transfer rate SAS

No cable, no additional stuff? I don't have server yet, so I can't check directly what is inside.

Highlighted
DANDKS
HPE Pro

HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10 Controller has Internal: 8 SAS/SATA lanes across 2 x4 Mini-SAS ports. This will support upto 8 Hard Drives with two SAS cables. Depending on the number of Drives added to the server, more cables are required.

Since the controller support only 8 Hard Drives, for more than 8 Drives, an Expander or another PCIe based Controller needs to be added in the server.

By default, the server will be shipped with two SAS cables.

Thank you

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo