ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751957 Members
5399 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML350... Supports large EIDE disks?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Geert Thijs

Proliant ML350... Supports large EIDE disks?

I have a Proliant ML350 with a raid 5 disk configuration containing windows2003 server. Works fine. But now I 'd like to add an extra (and 250GB size) EIDE disk to the primary IDE port, which doesn't detect anything...

Doesn't the ML350 support the use of (any?) large disks via EIDE? If it does, how am I supposed to go about to make it detect the disk? Thank you in advance for an adequate answer...
4 REPLIES 4
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant ML350... Supports large EIDE disks?

Geert Thijs

Dear Sandeep,

thank you for this hint. Not that it solved my problem, but finding out it can't be solved saves me a lot of precious time. Rather than risking my DC, I'll install another fileserver that does support IDE :)

[Points have been awarded, but I don't know wether you received them. I couldn't get a response page from the server, but the 'award points' option has disappeared from my screen.]

Tnx again,

kind regards...

sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

I got the points,thanks a lot.
jimh8189
Occasional Visitor

Re: ProLiant ML350 G4... Support for EIDE disks?!?!?!

So I take it from the conversation here that the ML350 G4 will NOT be able to see and or boot an EIDE drive as the primary boot device?????  I've been trying for the past few days to get the EIDE drive seen and the device doesn't recognise that there's a drive in the system with a boot partition even though the windows CD sees the drive and will load windows with no issues.

Is this a true stastement?

Thanks.....Jim