1748203 Members
3295 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML350 blue screen of death

Mark Walby
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML350 blue screen of death

We are currently testing an upgrade from NT4 server SP6a to Windows server 2003 standard edtion. when i choose the upgrade installation and the server restarts i get a blue screen of death. the technical error is as follows. stop: 0x0000007b (0xf789e63c,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Has anybody got any ideas.

Regards.
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML350 blue screen of death

Hello Mark,
This error message is caused by array controller driver or NIC driver. I would try to eliminate the obvious by leaving the server to minimum configuration and after the upgrade is done then re install what you remove from the server. Please visit MS Technet Site for more info on 0x7b error.

Regards,
Mark Walby
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the ideas,

The problem still exists even though i have'nt installed any other devices apart from what came with the server.

I think the problem is where server 2003 is tring to boot with NT drivers?

When i try to do a install from the NT4 Server disk and not the "smartStart" is says the hard disks are missing.

Any ideas???

Regards
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Mark,
That's a normal behaviour since array drivers are not native to the OS. You will have to manually install the array drivers by hitting F6 key during hardware discovery I believe. To avoid any more issues I would use Smart Start CD to configure the system.

Regards,