ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753774 Members
6828 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 error "IDE CD-ROM (Atapi 1.2)

Felipe Martinez
Frequent Advisor

Proliant ML350 error "IDE CD-ROM (Atapi 1.2)

I├В┬┤m installing a new ML350 with the Smartstart 6.40B, i selected Win 2000AS, after the drivers are copied and the windows files too, it reboot and try to start installing but, the unnatended installation stop and display a messade indicating than

IDE CD-ROM (Atapi-1.2)/PCI IDE Controller

Does not exist on the SCSI section of the INF file txtsetup.inf and the installation is aborted
4 REPLIES 4
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Felipe,
Have you set up the boot controller order by going in F9?? If not then you need to go to F9 during POST and set the boot controller order to where you have the Hard drives connected.

Regards,
Alessio Cova

I have the same problem. But i use the Smartstart 7.0 with Win 2003 standard.
The boot order is correct.
Thank
Paulo_19

Hy, this problem also happens on versin 7.01 and win2003, so long as the Op.System you're installing is in a difrent language than the one you selected on smartstart(my case: english smartstart, win2003 in portuguese)

Solution:
1├В┬║Change boot to floppy on server(F9 key)
2├В┬║Boot with a win98 boot disk
3├В┬║ change to c:
4├В┬║ "cd $win_nt$.~bt"
5├В┬║ "edit txtsetup.sif"
6├В┬║ goto he [SCSI] section and find the IDE ATAPI CD-ROM line
7├В┬║ copy the line (its the name your localized windows recognizes, for the IDE ATAPI CD-ROM)
8├В┬║ open winnt.sif on same folder
9├В┬║ goto [MassStorageDrivers] and PASTE on top of the *EXISTING* IDE ATAPI CD-ROM line
10├В┬║ on this section, remove all devices that include RETAIL, and that you dont use.(or you'll get a similar IDE ATAPI CD-ROM error)
11├В┬║ save it
12├В┬║ reapeat setps 9 to 11├В┬║ for the file txtseup.sif on the root drive (c:\)

That's it, it will work for smartstart 6.40 and up, and also win 2000 and up.
Hope it help
Paulo_19

Hy, this problem also happens on versin 7.01 and win2003, so long as the Op.System you're installing is in a difrent language than the one you selected on smartstart(my case: english smartstart, win2003 in portuguese)

Solution:
1├В┬║Change boot to floppy on server(F9 key)
2├В┬║Boot with a win98 boot disk
3├В┬║ change to c:
4├В┬║ "cd $win_nt$.~bt"
5├В┬║ "edit txtsetup.sif"
6├В┬║ goto he [SCSI] section and find the IDE ATAPI CD-ROM line
7├В┬║ copy the line (its the name your localized windows recognizes, for the IDE ATAPI CD-ROM)
8├В┬║ open winnt.sif on same folder
9├В┬║ goto [MassStorageDrivers] and PASTE on top of the *EXISTING* IDE ATAPI CD-ROM line
10├В┬║ on this section, remove all devices that include RETAIL, and that you dont use.(or you'll get a similar IDE ATAPI CD-ROM error)
11├В┬║ save it
12├В┬║ reapeat setps 9 to 11├В┬║ for the file txtseup.sif on the root drive (c:\)

That's it, it will work for smartstart 6.40 and up, and also win 2000 and up.
Hope it help