ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752790 Members
5991 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 error "IDE CD-ROM (Atapi 1.2)

CPL

Proliant ML350 error "IDE CD-ROM (Atapi 1.2)

How can i resolve this problem, when i├В┬┤m installing windows 2003 server enterprise edition, with raid 5 properlly installed with startsmart 7.0, when i reboot, this error apears (Proliant ML350 error "IDE CD-ROM (Atapi 1.2) , can anybody help me with this?
The only solution that is displayed for this problem doesn't wor
5 REPLIES 5
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Are you able to boot from cd since you are getting this error messageIf yes then
try this
Boot from Smart Start, during the install choose manual installation

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
CPL

I'm soory but it doesn't work, if i choose the manual installation, the same thing ocurrers
Nick Walton
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I had a similar problem recently doing an in situ upgrade of an ML370 from Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003. The upgrade partly failed and left the CDROM drive decidedly flakey. It appeared to read sometimes, not at others, to fail to read all sorts of important files, etc. To get out of the mess I had to do a fresh install.

Have you tried simply swapping out the CDROM drive for any other (known working) plain ATA CDROM drive? This will tell you if it is the drive itself that is faulty.

It's got two chances - it will either work or it won't!
Thomas Maurer

Hi, we have got the same problem with w2k. The error occurrs when the language selection in the SmartStart differs from the language of the installed windows version. In our case: german and english. Select the same language and it works fine.
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Nick, as posted above, is correct in that if you are able to boot from the SmartStart CD but not your Windows O/S CD, then replace the CD-ROM Drive. To test this, just borrow one from a nearby workstation.

G'luck! -john
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt