ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1747985 Members
4729 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 freezing every 3-4 secs

Dan Smith_8

Proliant ML350 freezing every 3-4 secs

We purchased 4 new Proliant ML350's a few months ago and I have been setting them up on our network. Two are Citrix servers, one is a backup server and the fourth will be our new PDC/File Server. The file server locks up every 3-4 seconds for exactly 4 seconds and then it catches up with itself and I can't determine why.

You can continue to type or move the mouse while it is locked up and the computer will remember your keystrokes/mouse movements and carry on. The only step I haven't taken is removing the RAM and replacing them one at a time and booting after each one to see if one is faulty.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
e4services
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a software symptom not a hardware. We have one system that does such a thing under Windows. One dll will run up one of the cpu's to 100% for a few seconds and then fall off. I would look into monitoring processes and see what if you can see if this is the cause
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Dan Smith_8

Since everything important is on thr RAID with this server I decided to format the HD and re-install Server 2003 Enterprise. So far it seems like it's working fine so it must have been a bad install.

We had previously shut down all processes one at a time but the problem persisted, which is why I assumed it had to be Windows itself.

Thanks for the reply!