4517 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350 server constantly beeping

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robert Caffery

Proliant ML350 server constantly beeping

Please, does anyone know what might cause my server to beep about every 30 seconds or so? There are no errors of any type, either in Event Logs or Device Manager. All functions are running normally. Server is Windows SBS 2003 R2 installed.
7 REPLIES 7
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor
Solution

Do you have on this server Home Page Management, in there you could look into the systeme you will see any problem with you're proliant server,if you do not make sure you install:
Home Page Management
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26003.html

Also need SNMP SERVICE INSTALL BEFORE THE
AGENT

HP Agent
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/25140.html.

if need configuration complet i will had it.
From there you should GET ALOT MORE IF ON YOU RE HARDWARE THEN YOU WOULD FROM WINDOWS.

Robert Caffery

In checking the Systems Management Homepage, there are no Failed/Degraded items, also no entries in the logs to indicate any problems.
I will install SNMP service and the Agent as you advised to troubleshoot further.
This beep is driving me nutso!
Robert Caffery

OK...I have installed SNMP and the HP Insight Manager Agent...do I now need to install Insight Manger?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

No the reason for HP Insight Agent is to get MIB'S for more trouble shouting..did you get more info after you installed the agent?
Jaloosk
Advisor

You wouldn't happen to have an Intel RAID card installed in this server would you?

Is the beep long or short? Are there any red or amber LED's on the motherboard or front panel?
Robert Caffery

Found the problem: ran Diagnostics for Windows and found my 36GB SCSI Ultra320 boot drive failed the Offline Read test! No doubt this was causing the constant beeps. I'm making arrangements for a replacement drive.
Thanks everyone for their quick and helpful responses.

Robert Caffery

Found the problem: ran Diagnostics for Windows and found my 36GB SCSI Ultra320 boot drive failed the Offline Read test! No doubt this was causing the constant beeps. I'm making arrangements for a replacement drive.
Thanks everyone for their quick and helpful responses.