1752271 Members
4525 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant ML350G3

Peter Selecky

Proliant ML350G3

Hello, i have serious problem with Proliant ML350G3 wit 1GB RAM and 2x18,2GB and 3x36,4GB U320 HDD. After instalation Windows 2000/2003 server with configuration of disks RAID 0 (2x18,2GB) + RAID 5 (3x36,4GB) attached on SCSI onboard adapter, performance of disk operation is degrading after one day. I have already tested exchanging board, reinstaling OS with newest drivers, fw,.... Have anybody idea, where could be problem?Thanks...
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as per your statement
"disk operation is degrading after one day"

Check with radi configuration, using ACU try to configure
Check the attch image for same information
Nothing is impossible
Peter Selecky

Problem is: After fresh instalation of W2000 server or W2003 std.server with newest drivers copiing file with 700MB from RAID 0 to RAID 5 takes about 5 seconds and after 24 hours it takes about 20-30 seconds... In the server isn´t RAID adapter, Raid volumes are made with W200x server with dynamic disks.. Thanks.
Gus Kwong
Respected Contributor

I assume that 24hr has been extremely busy read+write+reWrite for the server?

Anyway, even with hardware RAID5 it is not the best setup IF disk-write performace is essential, let alone software RAID5.

Since you still have a slot free in the drive cage, you are better off to buy another U320 drive and make it 3 sets of software-mirrored volumns. Then again, you will only gain tiny improvement if all drives are in the drive cage via single SCSI connection.

Hope this helps.
Learning never ends