ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753481 Members
3687 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML350P G8 / SmartAray P420i, with code 274 - Bay1 and Bay2 is bad or missing

GM2

Proliant ML350P G8 / SmartAray P420i, with code 274 - Bay1 and Bay2 is bad or missing

Help is highly appriciated on the following:

Boot gives Non-System disk or disk error

The ACU gives critical information:
- Bay 1 is bad or missing (code 274)
- Bay 2 is bad or missing (code 274)

How can i get the server back running?

3 REPLIES 3
darek_top
Advisor

Re: Proliant ML350P G8 / SmartAray P420i, with code 274 - Bay1 and Bay2 is bad or missing

If you have active warranty or care pack you definitly should open a case fot that.

If not try to place the discs in another server with Smart Array. The configuration of arrays are stored on disks so new controller should discover yours configuration if it's not corrupted. Do the backup of yours data.

After that you can try to do "cold boot"  and clear NVRAM, this will reset the system.

Then try to put back yours discs to the ML350PG8 system and boot.

You should always have a verified backup of yours data....

GM2

Re: Proliant ML350P G8 / SmartAray P420i, with code 274 - Bay1 and Bay2 is bad or missing

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately warrenty just expired. And I don't have another server/controller to test the disks in.

So, in this case, would you still go for?:
- remove disks?
- Clear NVRAM
- reinsert disks
And what could be the downsides of this?

darek_top
Advisor

the question is if you have a backup of yours data?

I would also check the cabling inside the case, if the plugs are placaced correctly.

and with discs disconnected go for:

cold boot (resets variable and cached data only, also BMC readings and some timers gues if yours P420 flushed the cache this is safe)

clear nvram (you will loose all BIOS settings, controller configuration should stay untached)