1752686 Members
5580 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML350g3

Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Proliant ML350g3

i HAVE A CONSULTANT THAT CLAIMES THIS BOX IS SLOW AS A TURTLE I have two 3.0 ghz xenons w/512k L2 cache....1gb RAM he canceld his stuff and did them on his P4 1.7Mhz laptop because my server was so slow............ what in the world could be the root of this observation ???? His processes use a "32 bit mults32.exe engine....
Hers a pinch to grow an inch
3 REPLIES 3
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi Daniel J.

Which part of the server performace you are refering to as low. Disk I/O. Network. More CPU Usage. Which OS he is working with what is the support pack version on same.

Is that possible to define the word Slow on the same server. So we can try to look what is making it slow.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Dan DeCoursey
Regular Advisor

Sorry..I found out the (although he stated he moved all his Database tables to drive C:)
consultant was actually converting his tables out on a remote network drive..... so the convesion was happining over the network..I moved those table to one of my servers local drives and it ran very fast....... those "expert" consultants

thanks anyhow
Hers a pinch to grow an inch
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Hi,

for you inputs the server is shipped with Embedded NC7760 Broadcom Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000. so in case of any problem wiht the same or you want to monitor the performace it can be done with performace option under Administrative tools ( assuming you are using wind 2k ).There no of daignostics tools in case of problems do post back.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible