ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753481 Members
4505 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant ML350p Gen 8 drive cage

TomDeBusscher

Proliant ML350p Gen 8 drive cage

We have a Proliant ML350p Gen 8 with 4 HD's in and configured over 2 arrays. Now we bought 2 more HD's to create a new array, but the standaard controller in the Proliant ML350 can manage max 2 arrays. So we've added an extra array controller HP Smart Array P420/2GB with FBWC.

My question: what is the best way to attach the new drives to this controller. As far as I found on the web, I should buy a second drive cage and connect that one to this new controller. Does anyone know whitch drive bay I should buy and do it comes with cables to connect to the P420 or do I need a seperate cable kit, and whitch one ?

2 REPLIES 2
mcfly5
Occasional Advisor

659485-b21 is large form factor cage

659484-b21 is small form factor cage
make sure cage has cables to conect to backplane which would be same for the array card you have

BK_HPE
Valued Contributor

Hi @TomDeBusscher

I agree with mcfly5, I have checked the Quick Specs for your ML350p  server and confirmed that this HP 5U 6 Large Form Factor (LFF) Hot Plug Drive Cage Kit is compatible.  

If you have additional questions, I recommend reaching out to a Solutions Architect.  I am happy to make that connection for you.  I sent you a private message in case you would like to proceed in that direction.

Please do not hesitate to let me know any other assistance I can offer.