1753430 Members
4807 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML370 First generation Array configuration

Van der Veeken

Proliant ML370 First generation Array configuration

Hello,

I'm trying to reinstall my proliant ML370 server with smartstart 5.1 (shipped with it). When I get to the point where I have to configure my array configuration, the wizard keeps asking for a "Array configuration floppy". The only floppy that I have is the "server profile disk". Can anyone get me an image of the floppy, or maby a sollution for configuring my array ?

4 REPLIES 4
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Download and use SmartStart 5.50 CD (it is free)
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html
I think this version of SmartStart doesn't require "Array configuration floppy"
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

ML370 did not have integrated Array controller.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I think you are trying to configure the array via F10 (System Partition) and the "Drive Array Configuration Utility" section within this. This does not work any more and will prompt you for a disk.

If you want to completely reconfigure the system from scratch and wipe the disks, run the system ERASE utility from the Smartstart CD or insert the CD into any Windows PC and run the Diskette Builder. You can build an ERASE diskette from there.

Once you run the ERASE utility (Either from the Smartstart CD or floppy) the system will do a hardware discovery and configure things. If you then insert the Smartstart CD it will take you through all the steps for configuring the system including the Array Configuration Utility (ACU) which runs from the Smartstart CD.

The ML370G1 did have an optional Smart Array controller which fitted to the system board beside the SCSI ports. It's called the ROC (Raid on Chip) module and was used on other models like the Proliant 8500 and ML570.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

Brian, you are right. I forgot about ROC:(