5784 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML370 Interlock fault LED

Ashley Derrick
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML370 Interlock fault LED

Hi,
I am new to this server. There appears to be auxillairy power but there is an LED lit Red on
the motherboard showing 'interlock fault'.

This server has been damaged in transit and metalwork bent- but PCB's all look fine etc. Any ideas why it will not power up. front panel switch OK but connector on the end of it's loom appears to have six yellow wires cut off?

How can i test the PSU by simulating start up signals?

Thanks,

Ashley Derrick
6 REPLIES 6
Ian Matthews_2
Valued Contributor

Remove and reseat the riser card

ian
Ashley Derrick
Occasional Contributor

Thanks - this is now powering up - but no video

What is minimmum config to get the motherboard to generate a startup video signal?

Thanks again

Ashley Derrick
Ian Matthews_2
Valued Contributor

has this got a rib or riloe card installed?? (remote insight card)
If so then remove this and check switch bank (the one with six switches) switch 1 is video

Failing that activate switch 6 and power on - this will clear config (warning: if you have data on drives - pull them before using switch 6)

Hope this helps
Ashley Derrick
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The only cards are the riser card and the SCSI? card. But I tried DIP switch 1 and 6 activation but still no joy (pulled drives as suggested). I have two CPU's and 2 memory sticks but any combination will not give video. also CPU after several minunes after boot up is still stone cold. Any further suggestions.

Sorry to be a pain asking basic questions - This equipment is new technology to me.

regards,

Ashley Derrick
Sigi J
Valued Contributor

hi,

the 6 yellow wires cut off are OK, that's normal.

When you power on the server, it takes approxim. 10 - 15 seconds before anything is visible on screen.
Ashley Derrick
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Still no video. I suspect a faulty motherboard or possibly PSU because the CPU is stone cold, even after a considerable time after power up, even with the fan switched out. Any ideas. I have replaced CPU but still the same.

Pease help -- this is new territory to me.

Best regards,

Ashley