ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1754018 Members
7576 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML370 Keyboard not responsive on boot

Rudy Hausler

Proliant ML370 Keyboard not responsive on boot

We have 2 older servers, a Proliant ML370 and M570. We've noticed that on both machines that the keyboard goes non-functional a few seconds after scsi/raid detection. It allows us to get into the RAID logical disk configuration but after that is done, the keyboard lights go off and is nonresponsive through the OS loading and after the OS has loaded (Win2k server and Win2003 server).

I have tried about 10 different ps/2 keyboards, compaq brand, dell brand, logitech... All fail at the same point.
When trying to boot from the Windows 2003 cd, it will go unresponsive before it asks you to "press any key to boot from this cd".

I'm at a loss, Is there a keyboard lockout on HP servers? These servers were retired about 4 years ago and the previous admins are long gone along with any documentation as to what they did.

ADD:
Remoting into these servers is not possible.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, maybe try usb keyboard? There is small chance it will be recognized...

Jan
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Do you have ANYTHING plugged into the USB ports, non-HP cards in the PCI-slots or anything else that doesn't "belong" to the server?

If so, try unplugging it and see if it works.

Rudy Hausler

I dont know the year of build, but these servers do not have USB slots. I'm looking at a couple serial, PS/2 KB and Mouse and VGA.

I'm dodging the IRQ issue because what is the odds of it happening on both servers, different models.

Assigned IP's of these servers is unknown, before they were retired the previous admins moved them off of our normal IP scheme, theres no telling where they are at.