HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant ML370 and LSI SAS3442X-R card

Purgamentum
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ML370 and LSI SAS3442X-R card

I have fitted a LSI SAS3442X-R card to my Proliant ML370 G4 Server. However the card is not recognised by the server or windows server 2003.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Purgamentum
4 REPLIES
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant ML370 and LSI SAS3442X-R card

Hi,
If this card is working on other servers then Maybe this card is not supported on this model.
Generally I update the BIOS and firmwares before installing any non listed hardware
You can try the same

Hi Purgamentum,

ML370 G4p is the LSI SAS3442X-R not supported.

Check the below link.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12029_div/12029_div.HTML

regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
I am HPE Employee

If this helps you with your issue, please click the thumb to register a Kudo.
If it resolves the issue, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution.
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.
Purgamentum
Occasional Visitor

Tarunjain - thanks for the advice. I have not yet had a chance to try the card in another system. However it was brand new!

Hopefully I will get an opportunity to put it in system soon - as it is the acid test.

I have checked the Bios and appear to have the lastest P50 02/14/2006, but have not yet checked the rest of the firmwares.

Regards

Purgamentum
Purgamentum
Occasional Visitor

Jawserdi,

Thanks for the link. The ML370 G4 appear to come in two flavour - Ultra320 and SAS.

I have the Ultra320 version with a Smart Array 6400 controller and two intergrated LSI ultra 3200 scsi adapters.

Interestingly there is a line in the document which states "The SAS starter Kits (Smart array P600 Controller & SAS hard disk) is not compatible with U320 SCSI models"

I may be out of luck! I'll know more once I have tried the card in a different system.

Regards

Purgamentum