cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant ML370 and LSI SAS3442X-R card

Purgamentum
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ML370 and LSI SAS3442X-R card

I have fitted a LSI SAS3442X-R card to my Proliant ML370 G4 Server. However the card is not recognised by the server or windows server 2003.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Purgamentum
4 REPLIES 4
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant ML370 and LSI SAS3442X-R card

Hi,
If this card is working on other servers then Maybe this card is not supported on this model.
Generally I update the BIOS and firmwares before installing any non listed hardware
You can try the same

Hi Purgamentum,

ML370 G4p is the LSI SAS3442X-R not supported.

Check the below link.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12029_div/12029_div.HTML

regards.
Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

I am HPE Employee
Purgamentum
Occasional Visitor

Tarunjain - thanks for the advice. I have not yet had a chance to try the card in another system. However it was brand new!

Hopefully I will get an opportunity to put it in system soon - as it is the acid test.

I have checked the Bios and appear to have the lastest P50 02/14/2006, but have not yet checked the rest of the firmwares.

Regards

Purgamentum
Purgamentum
Occasional Visitor

Jawserdi,

Thanks for the link. The ML370 G4 appear to come in two flavour - Ultra320 and SAS.

I have the Ultra320 version with a Smart Array 6400 controller and two intergrated LSI ultra 3200 scsi adapters.

Interestingly there is a line in the document which states "The SAS starter Kits (Smart array P600 Controller & SAS hard disk) is not compatible with U320 SCSI models"

I may be out of luck! I'll know more once I have tried the card in a different system.

Regards

Purgamentum