5074 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML370 => Fan problem

Matthieu Gallissot
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML370 => Fan problem

Hi,

I've a ML370 with a fan Problem. This server refuse to boot saying that there is not enought redundant fan solution. I've 6 hot-swapable fan in it, and only three of them are spinning. They are fine as if I'm swap them from a slot to another one, they run fine. So, Slots are faulty.

Other strange thing, while I'm booting the server, I do a quick swap between spinning and non-spinning fan, and guess what, it's working ! Fans in a faulty slot are spinning and the system manage to boot, but these fan are not spinning as fast as the others.

I've saw similar posts that suggest a motherboard failure. In this case, I would prefer suggest a power problem. The fan seems under-powered.

Any solution / idea / experience ?
7 REPLIES 7
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a hardware/chip issue. Have you called support for them to come and replace it?
Matthieu Gallissot
Occasional Contributor

No, I didn't as I'm the third owner of this server, so, I don't have any reference.
Also, I'd like to find a cheap solution.
For the moment, I "manually" start the fan, and they manage to keep a decent speed so the system is mot overheating.
Peter Simms

I have the same problem with an ML370 (G3)
Seemed to happen after a BIOS update.

Did you have any success with your's?
Tschirrio

Hi

It is a Systemboard failure. Change the Systemboard and look... It'll be fine.

Matthieu Gallissot
Occasional Contributor

That's OK, I rewired the fans and add a few opto-coupling stuff for keeping the signal. Works fine now.

We had the same problem on ML370 G3 fan frailer Error 1611. ( 3 fans # 2,3,4 failed amber light on the fan ) We changed the motherboard P/N 290559-001 problem solved. ( changing only the fans doesn???t work and don???t waste your time )

ML370 Fan failure is most common error. If the fan failed you can???t start the server. it???s BIOS error if you have ML370 G3 server please update your BIOS ver. P28 ( one failed BIOS update doesn???t work)

ML370 G30 FAN FRAILER ERROR 1611 TEMP SOLUTION
To start the server redundant Fan # 1,3, 5 is sufficient. I manually start the fan by blowing compressed air. Then fan light became Green. Server started. You can do the work. Until your motherboard arrive. If you???re in critical situation you can try that. I have attached the photos please check. Let me know your comments.
Alex_184
Occasional Contributor

Hello, sorry to drag-up an ancient thread! Do you have a part number or a link to the opto-couplers you used please?

I just need to keep this G3 going for a few more months!

Al