ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752631 Members
6017 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML370G3 RAID for Windows 2000

Proliant ML370G3 RAID for Windows 2000

We bought one and it was to have had MS Win 2000 server installed at config but it did not. I'm installing the Windows using new SmartStart. Will the RAID controller and the 3 drives automatically create a RAID 5 setup or will I click on something on the setup?
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant ML370G3 RAID for Windows 2000

Hello Richard,
You would need to hit F8 during POST and then configure the RAID. While posting you will see F9 so go there and make sure that the BOOT CONTROLLER order is set properly. Thereafter when you are prompted to hit F8 then configure your RAID.

Regards,

Thanks. Would the HP SmartStart help me configure the RAID or do I need to do it BEFORE SMARTStart in the POST? If so, I will hit f8 and configure for RAID 5 then. When I was 'poking around' I did see the boot order. The HP manual says there is a default. What would be the preferred, correct boot order? Hard drive, floppy, CDROM, network? (I think the default was cd, hdd, floppy network)

Will Windows 2000 automatically just know about the HW configured RAID. (Excuse my newbie status here; I come from a NetWare and SUN world! ;>)
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Richard,
I was talking about the BOOT CONTROLLER order and not the boot order. Anyways the boot order should be CDROM, Floppy, HDD, Network. Yes you do need to hit f8 during POST.

Regards,