1752751 Members
4935 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML370R

Andy Kitzke

Proliant ML370R

I recently purchased a ML370, and installed 5 18.2 GB 10k SCSI drives. All drives powerup, and the computer posts fine, the Smart Array 3200 bios correctly comes up, but it doesn't find any logical drives. I downloaded Array Configuration Utility 1.20b and have since Tried to configure it, however an error appears in the program stating no Array controllers are present on the computer. Any Ideas?

I don't see how if the controller boots fine, and even looks for drives, how it can't be there unless this version of ACU does not read the smart array 3200, but that makes no sense since it says it does.

Any help would rock.
4 REPLIES 4
Andy Kitzke

Re: Proliant ML370R

Here is the error I am getting in ACU version 1.20b

"Arracy COnfiguration Utility Error Message :

The Compaq Array Configuration Utility could not detect any Array Controllers in the system.

Possible causes for this problem include:
-There are no Array controllers installed in the system.
-The controller is not responding and may need to be replaced.
-The controller is imporperly Seated in the slot.
-The OS array controller driver is missing or was unable to detect any configured logical drives.

Please run the off-line version of the Array Configuration Utility to help diagnose the problem."

First, I am running it from disks, so isn't this the off-line version???

-"There are no array controllers on your system" - THis is not true because the Smart Array 3200 posts and looks for drives.
-"The controller is not responding and may need to be replaced" - This again is not true because the smart array 3200 posts and looks for drives.
-"The controller is imporperly seated in the slot." - This is not true again because the smart array 3200 posts and looks for drives.
-"The OS array controller driver is missing or was unable to detect any configured logical drives" - HOW can I configire it if the ACU is supposed to configure it? This makes absolutley no sense.

SO there is where I stand.
I wiped the system.
Ran SCU.
Ran ACU again and I get the same error.

Can Anyone help me out there?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

could you please check here
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1119.html#77

that your firmware/software is uptodate?

Michael
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Andy,
In your last posting you stated that you wiped the system and then started all over. Did you use the smart start CD or just the SCU diskettes?? If that's the case you won't be able to run the ACU (Diskette Version) for the SA3200. You need Smart Start CD 5.50 version. You can try your best to run the ACU(Diskette Ver) and it's not going to cut it. Also make sure that you have flashed the system bios as well as the firmware of the SA3200 as Michael stated in his last post.

Regards,
e4services
Honored Contributor

I think it wants you to run the RAID Controllers BIOS Utility.
When a server is powered up, part of the startup sequence is the Power-On Self-Test (POST). Any array controllers that are in the system are initialized while POST is running. If the array controller supports ORCA, POST temporarily halts, and an ORCA prompt message is displayed for about five seconds. (If ORCA is not supported, the prompt message is not displayed, and the system continues with the startup sequence.)
While the prompt is displayed, press the F8 key to start ORCA. The ORCA main menu is displayed, allowing you to create, view, or delete a logical drive. (On a ProLiant system, you can also use ORCA to set the currently selected controller as the boot controller.)
Hot Swap Hard Drives