108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML570 G1 Video - How to disable

SOLVED
Go to solution
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

Proliant ML570 G1 Video - How to disable

Can the onboard video system be displayed so that a PCI video card can be used/installed? If so, how is it done?

Keith
5 REPLIES 5
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Proliant ML570 G1 Video - How to disable

Details please...
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

Basically I would like to run a video card that has more memory and features than the build in one.

Keith
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Peripheral board configuration (maintenance) switchbank (SW1) location and default settings

Switch Function Open (OFF) Default Position Closed (ON) Position

1 Video disable override Onboard integrated video is enabled Onboard integrated video is disabled

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible
Keith Romberg
Frequent Advisor

Hmmmm... switch SW1 on the io board does not seem to do anything. The onbaord video controller is still seen in both XP and linux, though the added PCI is used. So I guess thinks are working 'OK' .......

Keith

Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Setting for the same :
can check on the setupguide also for the server

Peripheral board configuration (maintenance) switchbank (SW1) location and default settings
Switch Function Open (OFF) Default Position Closed (ON) Position
1 Video disable override Onboard integrated video is enabled Onboard integrated video is disabled
2 Lock configuration Configuration unlocked and can be altered Locks system configuration and cannot be altered
3 Tower-to-rack conversion Tower configuration Rack-mount configuration
4 Diskette boot feature Diskette boot can be changed through system configuration utility Diskette drive is enabled for booting, overriding the system configuration utility
5 Power on password Power on password feature is enabled Power on password feature is disabled
6 Maintenance NVRAM is validated; configuration saved NVRAM is invalidated; configuration erased

Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible