7101 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML570 Memory Configuration 2 DIMMs or 4 DIMMs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Benjamin_24

Proliant ML570 Memory Configuration 2 DIMMs or 4 DIMMs

In the manual it says that DIMMS can be installed in pairs. However, when I remove two DIMMS from bank 2 (the 4 DIMMs in this bank were previously working properly) I get a message saying something along the lines of "Mismatched DIMMs in Bank 2". The DIMMs are all identical and I have tried removing different pairs of DIMMs all with the same result. Does the Proliant ML570 accept DIMMs in pairs or do you need to fill up the whole bank of 4?
5 REPLIES 5
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant ML570 Memory Configuration 2 DIMMs or 4 DIMMs

Is this a G1 or G2 model?
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

A bank is considered to be one DIMM on the left and one DIMM on the right. If you remove memory, you must remove the same number of DIMMS from each side. This is specific to the G2.

The G1 uses memory in groups of 4. If you remove any of the 4, you have broken the entire bank.
Benjamin_24

Not sure - I can't find either G1 or G2 anywhere on the case or the labels on the case - just ML570 - how would I find out?
Benjamin_24

Thanks, that answers my question, I guess I have a G1.
PS, I tried to give you a rating but the page is giving me javascript errors - give yourself a 10 for me :)
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

The simplest way is the color of the front panel. If it is charcoal grey, it is a G2, if it is off-white, you have a G1 model. Other differences are the CPU speeds, etc.