1753358 Members
5169 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Memory Issue

Jim Mulgrew
Advisor

Proliant Memory Issue

I'm getting a vague memory error in the event viewer and the HP Integrated Log viewer each time the server is rebooted, which is every couple of days. In both logs we are seeing the error, "corrected memory error threshold exceeded (slot 1 bank B)". In the event viewer I see an alert from Compaq System Information Agent stating, "Correctable memory error detected. The errors have been corrected but the module should eb replaced". This system is a DL580G2. I've seen errors like this before but they've always indicated a specific module (i.e. Slot 1 Module 5) so I've known which module to replace. With such a generic error, is there some way to tell which module is giving us the hassle? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Jim,
Your system should still be under warranty. The best solution would be to replace all the modules. I would suggest placing in a call to the Tech Support by calling 1-800-652-6672.

Regads,
dowling-brown
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

Bank A corresponds to socket 1
bank B corresponds to socket 2
-- - --- - -- -
bank P corresponds to socket 16

All memory sockets are in slot 1

Regards.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Jim,

Please check that you are not suffering from a known issue with Insight Manager Agents (Version 6.30)reporting false memory errors. A link to the customer advisory on this is given below.

http://wwss1pro.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?source=ES030520_CW01.xml&dt=3

Regards,

Brian