1753523 Members
9919 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Ml 150 Problem

Francis Mukupa_1
Occasional Contributor

Proliant Ml 150 Problem

I have a problem when installing the Proliant ML 150 G3 Server,Am trying to install windows 2003 server using the SATA raid.When the installation starts and I press F6 for me to load software from a USB floppy drive,the following error message is generated :-'Insert the disk labelled:Adaptec SATA Driver V1.00(windows 32 bit for XP/2003) into drive A and press enter to continue'.To my surprise I have the valid drivers in drive A.Kindly assist,what could I be missing here?
3 REPLIES 3
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi Francis

woah this topic is long long

2 options:

1. use nlite, using he SATA driver so you wont need the floppy drive (check attached file)

2. use this procedure which I've attached like 3 times lately

HP ProLiant Servers - How to Install OS on Embedded Sata Raid Controller with Out Floppy Drive or Slipstreaming OS CD
ISSUE:

Most of the 100 series and 300 series servers does not go with the floppy drives and customer not able to install OS as he is not able to inject/supply Raid controller Driver. Customer has to use a Floppy Drive or a Slipstreaming OS CD.
SOLUTION:

Follow the steps below and there is no need to use Floppy Drive or a Slipstreaming OS CD:

Install the OS with Embedded SATA RAID Disabled (No Drivers or F6 required) on one Harddrive.

Once OS is installed, Extract the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers to a folder. HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003:

Click here to go to HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003 (http://urlao.com/driver).

3. Go to Control Panel-> Add New Hardware->Device is connected->New Hardware->Raid Controller->Have Disk->Browse to the folder where the Embedded SATA RAID Drivers were extracted. Select the .inf file->Install Adaptec Raid Driver.

4.Restart the Server go to BIOS enable the Embedded SATA RAID.

5. Press F8 and go to Sata Raid BIOS->Configure the Drives->Create Array->Raid 0/1 A warning message will appear " Warning: Configuring the drives will erase all Array information from the selected drives, if that drive is part of an array. Arrays using any of these drives as members will be affected! Do you want to continue?(Yes/No): ". Press "Y" to continue.

6.If Raid 1 is selected it will ask you what is the Source Disk, select the Right Disk in which OS was installed previously. Warning message might appear again. Select " Y".

7.Rebuild will take sometime, once rebuild is complete restart the server.

Once rebooted Raid would be detected and windows would boot up, in windows it would detect new hardware and Adaptec Raid drivers will be installed. Now Server is built migrated to Raid Successfully.

Servers Supported: Servers with Embedded SATA RAID Controller:

HP ProLiant DL320 G5 Server
HP ProLiant DL320 G4 Server
HP ProLiant DL320 G3 Server
HP ProLiant DL140 G3 Server
HP ProLiant ML310 G4 Server
HP ProLiant ML310 G3 Server
HP ProLiant ML150 G3 Server
HP ProLiant ML110 G4 Server
HP ProLiant ML110 G3 Server

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Looking at the error "Insert the disk labeled: Adaptec SATA Driver V1.00", it seems that you are using the Embedded SATA RAID drivers which will not work for the Adaptec RAID card.

I believe that the RAID adapter is a 4/8 port SAS HBA. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right, use the drivers from the given link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1163831&prodNameId=3279687&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-c1ff2da1e0f44be2bae20c3413

Try these drivers during Windows 2003 boot. Of course you could try the nlite option as suggested by Karlo, but since you already have a USB floppy drive, you could try this first. Also check if the USB floppy drive is an HP option part (DC361B) for this server.
Jimbo!
Occasional Advisor

That message usually indicates that the disk is corrupt or incomplete. Try copying the files from the ZIP file on the resource CD that came with the server, and include everything in the zip including sub folders.

Also, to use the RAID I think you need to have set the on-board controller to RAID in the BIOS first, otherwise the controller behaves as a standard 4 channel SATA controller.

Hope that helps!