1752497 Members
5653 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Ml 370 Fan Noise under Suse Linux 10.0

doc_summer

Proliant Ml 370 Fan Noise under Suse Linux 10.0

Hi!
Since yesterday I'm a proud user of a Proliant ml370 G1 computer.
I've iInstalled Suse Linux 10.0 on it.
The only thing is: The fan is loud like hell? I searched the forum and the web but there was no solution for it?
Any Ideas?
Greetings Chris
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Chris,

The system health driver is responsible for dropping the fan speed on a ML370G1 server when the operating system loads.

The Product Support Pack (PSP) for each operating system includes the health driver. Generally you install the complete support pack as it includes all the Compaq drivers etc. for the selected O/S.

In your case Suse Linux Enterprise Server 7 is the only supported SUSE O/S for the ML370G1. You may however be able to download the PSP and extract only the health driver to see if you can get it working. It might be worth a try otherwise a pair of earmuffs will be needed.

Here is a link to the Suse Enterprise Server 7 PSP kit. You can see in the listing for the support pack contents that there is a "HP System Health Application and Insight...." module. I'm hopefult that you can extract this and get it to work.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21068.html

Brian
Peter Gerstbach

Hello,

I'v the same problem as yours. Did you finally succeed with installing the "ProLiant Support Pack". I did not.
It seems that the program needs the exact kernel version...

Have you any hints for me?

Thanks,
Peter