cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant PCI Hot Plug controller

josh weinstein
Occasional Contributor

Proliant PCI Hot Plug controller

I am having two problems with my Proliant 6500.

1) System Event Log - hp ProLiant PCI Hot Plug
The system is not properly configured for PCI Hot Plug operation. Please run System Configuration and ensure that the operating system setting is set to Windows 2000. Please consult the hp ProLiant PCI Hot Plug help file for additional information.

I have installed the latest driver 8/28/03 v6.3.0.1 from HP, but still the error.

2) When I connect my Storage Array 4100 F2 to my external SCSI port, the system locks up with a "Hard error" and I have to do a hard shutdown (disconnecting the Array) to get the machine back.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
2 REPLIES
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant PCI Hot Plug controller

Hi Josh,
Please do the following:

Unplug the RA4100. Clear NVRAM by going into F10, Hold down the Control and press A which should enable the Advanced mode, page down twice and under advanced features Clear NVRAM. Obviously after you reboot this should prompt you to run System configuration. At this point you make sure Not to Run Backup sci file. Once all is done then connect RA4100. I have noticed this kind of behaviour when the cable is faulty or a pin is bent.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,
josh weinstein
Occasional Contributor

Re: Proliant PCI Hot Plug controller

Thanks Sunil,
I will try it out tonight when I get home and report back what happens. Thanks for the quick answer!

Josh