108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant PL1600R issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Finley_1
Occasional Contributor

Proliant PL1600R issue

After spending several fruitless hours trying to configure an empty Compaq Proliant PL1600R (with Fibre Channel SCSI Arrays) I discovered I was missing a key piece of the puzzle. Smart Start software.

If I am correct, this version of Proliant server is only compatible with Smart Start 5.5.

My problem stems from the fact that this particular version of the software seems to be impossible to find. It is unavailable through HP for another 5 weeks (minimum), and I have exhausted any other options I could think of.

Does anybody know where I can get a copy of this version of Smart Start?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mike Finley
6 REPLIES 6
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Mike,
Not necessarily do you need 5.50 version. You can do the configuration with any other Smart Start version below 5.50. Please email me your contact information at sunil.jerath@hp.com and I shall see what I can for you.

Regards,
e4services
Honored Contributor

eBay!
Hot Swap Hard Drives
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Mike,

You can do the same thing with the System Configuration utility diskettes and the array configuration diskettes. The SmartStart CD just makes it easier since you have all utilities in one physical media. You can download the exe files to create the diskettes from http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/family/model/1126.html?submit.y=6&submit.x=8тМй=en&cc=us. From here, select your OS, then download the files from Compaq Systems Configuration Utility and Compaq Array Configuration Utility.
Michael Finley_1
Occasional Contributor

Just for clarification, will the server and array setup programs at that link work on a system with no OS installed? I can't even get it to recognize the harddrives. Thanks again,

Mike
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Yes, these diskettes are used to prepare the hardware to install your OS of choice, whether it be Microsoft, Netware, or any of the supported Linux offerings. These diskettes will setup the hardware, create the arrays and logical drives. You can then start installation of the OS.

Does this help?
Michael Finley_1
Occasional Contributor

I have managed to obtain a copy of Smartstart 5.4 and the OS is installing now. Thanks guys for all the help.