3837 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Problems still

Glenn E. May
Occasional Contributor

Proliant Problems still

OK,

Here it is. I have the machines up and ready to load an OS. I cannot get Windows XP to see the internal raid controller.

Can someone point me in the correct direction for this?

As in the last message, I have a bunch of 8500 servers...

Thanks
Glenn May
5 REPLIES 5
John Marinov
Frequent Advisor

Does it come up when you use the smart start disk (ie: is it in and working?).

The internal array controller on an 8500 is a 3200 type, according to this:
http://h18020.www1.hp.com/products/servers/ProLiant8500/overview.html

Get the XP driver from HP's site. During the boot process, you get asked to hit F8 (I think) if you want to load a driver from disk (you do).

The problem with the card is that it is not battery backed -you can't cache writes. That makes it much slower.

Good luck
Glenn E. May
Occasional Contributor

Thanks John,

I'll give that a shot. Although inital inspection, I did not see the drivers for that card.. I will keep looking though..

Perhaps someone can answer another question (Pardon me for the newbie ignorance. I am a Sun tech. )

I am looking for a very comprehensive testing suite for Intel machines.. Does anyone know of something that will really hammer the hardware for failures??? Thanks

Glenn May
Oliver Pfleiderer

Hey,

with your Proliant you get a SmartStart CD 6.00 or greater. Boot with this and you have a Computer diagnostic tool!

Greetings
Glenn E. May
Occasional Contributor

I am recieving these machines 3rd hand. I unfortunately do not have any of the original CDs that came with the machines. Is this by chance an ISO that is availible on the Compaq website??

Glenn May
Andre Renold

Hi Glenn
XP is not supportet on Proliant servers, take W2K.
Andr├Г
train the people...