1753783 Members
7049 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant SMART2/P 1777 error

Nick Shank
Advisor

Proliant SMART2/P 1777 error

I am recieving a 1777 fan malfunction error on my proliant 5000 when it brings up the smart2p. I have looked at it, and can't see any fan connected to said RAID controller. The system also has a pair of SMART(EISA) RAID cards, and a pair if netflex 3's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nick
SMP: Its not just an arch. Its a way of life...
7 REPLIES 7
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Nick,
Please update the system bios and the firmware version of your Smart 2P. Also you may have to update the firmware of the HDDs as well once you update the firmware of the Array controller(Smart 2P).
Regards,
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

What's connected to the 2/P? Obviously there's no fan directly connected to the controller, but it is able to monitor this in anything attached to it. Is there external storage attached to it or just the internal drives? This could be a fan failure or one of the drives attached has a problem and is causing the storage to overheat.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Nick Shank
Advisor

I have 5 2.1 GIG drives in the internal cage, and nothing external. The firmware on both the drives and controller is current.
Nick
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I'd recommend running the Array Diagnostic Utility to determine where the problem is. Like I said previously, there is most likely a problem with a drive.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Nick Shank
Advisor

I don't have a current SmartStart CD. I have ran the DAAD, and the System Diag. and the only thing I've seen that looks odd is a 0x00001 fan marker on scsi port 1 in the DAAD report... I've tried the array controller with the same drives in a PL1500, and I don't have any problems...
And the search goes on...
Dmitry Prokofiev
Occasional Advisor

I agree with Terry that this occurs because of breach cooling mode of the disc subsystem. This message can appear when server works with open cover. May be one of disks is excessively warmed?

with regards, Dmitry
Nick Shank
Advisor

Upon further investigation, I have realized that I made a mistake when I connected the power connectors. Hmmm.. odd... Now I get a new, generic "error". It posts fine, then says that I need to run the system config util. I think its something to do w/ the fact that I have 2 SMART2 EISA RAID cards in there w/ no drives (yet :) )
Thanks all for your help :)
Nick