1753797 Members
8380 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant Setup

azITdept

Proliant Setup

Trying to configure new Proliant DL360 G6 server. (5) total HD's at 146gb each. Configured (2) HD's as raid fine. But when trying to configure the remaining drives as Raid5 the option is not listed. It gives only Raid 0 or 1+0 even though there is 3+ HD's remaining. The controller is P410i. Is there a firmware pdate to fix this? We've been spinning our wheels for a while trying to get the second array as raid5. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant Setup

Hi.

I don't know if thats a licensing issue ur a FW issue. But HP has release a Firmware for p410i 2.50 that seems to contain som major fixes. So I recommend you give that a try.
pj_11
Super Advisor

Hello,

You need 256MB of cache on your controller for raid 5 support do you have the entry model this has zero cache if so you need to install the cache.Not sure which when you have but you Can check by the Product number

PJ
azITdept

That's the answer. We didn't have the minimum cache on the array controller. We ordered it with that amount (256mb) but it was shipped incorrectly. Thanks for all your help HP, you saved us a lot of head scratching!
-Todd
azITdept

See comments above/below.