108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant Slowdown w/ SS 7.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
William_114
Advisor

Proliant Slowdown w/ SS 7.20

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the Proliant 360 & 380 take quite a bit longer to log off and shutdown, than it used to with SS 7.10.

It may be just me, but if I do a build from the ground up with SS 7.10 on a brand new 360 G4, w/ dual 3 Ghz and 4 GB of Ram, it takes the server about 3-5 second to log off of W2K3. If I follow my same procedure, only substitute SS 7.20 for SS 7.10, it takes the same server 30-40 seconds to log off.

It may just be me. But I am at a loss for reasons for the slow down. Anyone else have any suggestion, or experiencing the same problem?
1 REPLY 1
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant Slowdown w/ SS 7.20

See http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=783580
"We have reproduced this 'slow logout' problem (associated with Systems Management Homepage (SMH) 2.0) ) in our labs and have created a fix for a future release. The fix results in a 'log off' that will be approximately 30 seconds faster than it is in SMH 2.0. The fix will not be included in the upcoming SmartStart 7.3 release (too late to make it through the QA cycle), but will be in a follow-up release afterward. "