cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant Storage Subsystem

John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

Proliant Storage Subsystem

I recently acquired two Proliant SCSI tower-type sub-systems. The hot swap sleds have 1 and 2 GB drives and are narrow SCSI devices. The back of one of the units has two SCSI interfaces and apparently the previous owner had configured the top three bays to be on one interface while the other 4 bays are on the second interface. I don't need the separate configurations and would like all 7 bays on the single interface. I tried searching for a technical diagram for this unit but couldn't fine one. Can someone point me to a PDF that describes the internals for this unit?
2 REPLIES
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant Storage Subsystem

Hi John;

Depending on the unit, you may need a different piece of hardware to convert the drive cage in the storage unit from dual-channel to single-channel.

Can you provide a serial number for identification?

Thanks,

Janine Bertolo
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
John Rowan_2
Regular Advisor

Re: Proliant Storage Subsystem

Janine, I thought I had posted a subsequent update to this but see it is missing. I opened the unit and found a strange board mid-way up that had a ribbon cable going to the other interface. Fortunately, in a static bag in inside the unit, there was the board to connect the bottom and top together to have 7 bays on a single SCSI interface. All is well with the unit. Thanks for the reply.