108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Support Pack upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

Proliant Support Pack upgrade

Does anyone know if there was a release by HP about upgrading from an older version of the Support Pack (7.10 to 7.40) to a newer version (7.91 in my case) from HP Insight Manager? I was told by another team member that it crashed the server without uninstalling all the old software before we installed the new support pack.

We're attempting to perform maintenance on our servers which hasn't been done in a while, but we need to schedule and doing 2 reboots would be much more lengthy.

If you do know of a release in writing, if you could link it to me, please let me know.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Graeme,
HP tests PSP upgrades to the current version from up to three releases back. This means that if we have PSP 7.91 out right now, we have tested updates from PSP 7.70, 7,80, and 7.90 to the 7.91 PSP. Anything older than 7.70 has not been tested for upgrade. Because of the age of your PSPs, you may have to do two or three jumps to stay within a support window that has been tested. Of course, you can try to jump from the older PSPs, but the larger the version difference the greater the likelihood that something changed between these releases that may have depended on an intermediate PSP to resolve.

Regards,
Michael Garner
HP PSP/HPSUM/FWCD Architect
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

That is a wonderful answer. Thank you.

One last question: What is the easiest way to see which Support Pack is installed on a Server?
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor

The easiest way to determine which PSP is installed is to look at the version of the agents installed.
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

Thank you Michael.

I would suggest that in the Data Collection Report on Insight Manager, that it says what Support Pack the server is at for easier administration.

Thanks!
Graeme Bray
Regular Advisor

No issues in our updates.