1751887 Members
5446 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant dl185

Ryanwb

Proliant dl185

I recently formated this server and am installing server 08 on it. It installed fine and after some driver installs and windows updates the server started to hang on windows boot up. I formatted the drive and reinstalled server 08 and now it hangs on windows every time. It will boot up in safe mode. I did not install any drivers but the nic and network utility to team the 2 nic ports. The HDs are setup on raid as well. Any recommendations? It does say on boot up PCIe bios driver not loaded, not sure if this has any relation to the problem.
2 REPLIES 2
Ryanwb

Re: Proliant dl185

I am getting the server to come up now on a regular basis. It sometimes loads the windows screen for 10-15 minutes. Can't seem to figure out why? We also have the same exact server and set it up without any issues regarding this start up problem.
Ryanwb

Re: Proliant dl185

I have gotten more progress. I ran a boot logger and the drivers for the NCU that came with hp is hanging and not loading the drivers. I believe this is the source of the problem I am currently using the latest version. I do not see a proper way to uninstall so I am formating the drive again and going without the utility. I would like to use the utility to team the network. Any suggestions?