108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Proliant download pages are not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Proliant download pages are not working

There are numerous other recent threads about specific Proliant models and generations, all saying they can't reach the download page or that "The product you selected is not supported by HPSC or is not a valid product. Please choose another product."

I just wanted to start this post as a way for people to see that it's for all Proliant models, not just specific ones, and it appears to be worldwide, not just US or Europe.

So far HP hasn't responded in the forums to any of the specific posts but maybe they'll see this one since the subject is a little clearer.

Rather than start new threads about your specific model, you could try replying in this one so HP will see all the issues at a glance.

If you have a support contract and need some drivers or management software right away, the latest SPP should still be available for download so you can try that, or call HP support and bug them about their broken download pages.

3 REPLIES 3
AaronK
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant download pages are not working

I'm seeing the same thing..

waaronb
Respected Contributor

Other download pages for things that aren't Proliant servers seem to work. For example, the firmware updates for a P2000 G3 drive array, and also the firmware updates for HP drives.

Other device specific download pages work too, like you can search for the "ILO 4" and get the latest 1.50 firmware and the latest drivers using the device specific pages instead of by the server model.

Same thing with array controllers... search for P420i and you can get the latest drivers and firmware for it.

I tried the "System Management Homepage" page and when I click to download drivers/software I get this error:

"Downloads for this product are not available through this website.
For Enterprise products you may find US-English downloads at the HP Software Depot."

It sure seems like HP is making good on their promise to restrict access to downloads to only those with a valid contract or warranty, but the thing is, even when I login to the support portal, I can't figure out where I should be looking now for the systems that I have registered under my account. Last time I looked in the Software Depot section, all I found were some downloads for odd Proliant models, but definitely not what I was looking for (like a DL380p Gen8).
waaronb
Respected Contributor
Solution

I just checked a few product download pages and it looks like they're working again.