1748035 Members
4690 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant ml150 g3 raid not booting after rebuild

Diegopb07
Occasional Visitor

Proliant ml150 g3 raid not booting after rebuild

hi, i have a ml150 g3 raid 1 with a disk failure, i've replaced the damaged disk with one of larger capacity hut same vendor (wd)

on boot i pressed f8 to access hp embedded raid utility so i can rebuild the array. the process end without any errors, but after reboot windows doesnt boot, only shows prompt. any clues?

1 REPLY 1
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: Proliant ml150 g3 raid not booting after rebuild

Hi,

From the information shared if the status of the logical drive is healthy then it should boot up. First we always recommend our customers to keep a backup of the data whenever any activity is done post this you can check if the firmware mismatch is there between the drives. OS should boot up if the OS is installed in Raid 1 and one drive removed or fails so was it booting up before you replaced the drive with only 1 working drive in Raid 1. If yes then a deep analysis of the logs will be required and for that we recommend you to log a support ticket with us to have this checked at.

Regards,

Bunsol.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo