3394 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ml370

Lukas_7
Occasional Advisor

Proliant ml370

Hi friends,

I have ml370 G2 with win2k. When server boot message "scsi bios not installed" appears. I read that this message is not problem, but I have to change LUN support setting in SCSIselect utility (ctrl +A) and I can`t open this utility. Could you help me please with this issue?

Lukas
8 REPLIES 8
Stf
Esteemed Contributor
Lukas_7
Occasional Advisor

ROMpaq update was not helpfully ;o(. Is there some another tips or recommendations?

Thanks Stf

Lukas
Stf
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have the ref of your scsi controller?

Stf ;-)
Lukas_7
Occasional Advisor

There are 2x Compaq 64-Bit/66MHz Dual Chanel Wide Ultra SCI Adapter and Smart Array 532Controler.

Lukas
Stf
Esteemed Contributor

Lukas_7
Occasional Advisor

This update I`ve already applied ;o(.

Lukas
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi Lukas,

Compaq/HP use their own modified Adaptec BIOS in the embedded SCSI adapters so the CTRL-A option is not available in many systems.

If you do not have any SCSI devices attached to the embedded SCSI controllers you can simply disable them in the Rom Based Setup Utility (RBSU).

Press F9 when prompted at bootup and select the PCI devices from the menu.

You can enable and disable the embedded controllers by selecting them and pressing enter. A choice will appear on the screen.

I have attached an image showing the PCI section of the RBSU menu for clarity.

If you can live with the message I would not make any changes but you can get rid of it as descibed above if required. Obviously if you have other devices attached to the embedded SCSI ports then DO NOT disable them.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Lukas_7
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Brian,

your answer help with message appearing.

But still I can`t edit SCSI select utility for enable LUN support ;o(.

Do you know, where can I enable LUN support?

Lukas