1753448 Members
6237 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant product numbers

Ron Bergeron
Occasional Contributor

Proliant product numbers

Is there any way to look up the product number of Proliant servers? Since the warranty lookup web page requires the product number, it seems like there should be some method of looking this information up. Isn't there some place where I can enter a serial number and have it tell me the product number? That seems like a pretty basic thing to have, unless HP/Compaq serial numbers aren't unique across different products. Trying to find this information has been a very frustrating experience.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

hi,

if you are looking for warranty info send an e-mail to srg@hp.com with serials, they will provide all info

Regards,
Ron Bergeron
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Juan. Your suggestion would help me get the warranty information, but what I really want is a way to find the product numbers of my various servers so I can use the tools that HP provides to help myself when needed.
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

they will also reply with the info you need
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the product number should be entered in RBSU.
Then you can use either System management homepage or integrated lights out ot find the info.

When you connect through iLO, on the system summary page there is serial number/product ID field...
Whne you open SMH, there should be a rectangle System-> System info/System Config/system summary or something like that.At the bottom of the page there is Serial and product number.

Other possibility if reboot is not a problem is the product ID field in RBSU.
If the Product numbers are not entered in RBSU, no way to find it from a software.

I don't know about a site where you can check the PN from the serial number. If you want this, you either have to call HP or check the invoice or check the label sticked on the server alone... This are the opportunities I can think of...

Regards