cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proliant

Sondra Groves
Occasional Visitor

Proliant

I just need clarity on this issue, our ambient server room temperature is averaging about 78 degrees, and our Proliant server is recommended to run up to 95 degrees F (according to the Tech Specs and the HP service rep), however, internally the server is over 100 degrees F and we are receiving caution warnings.

I have found a few Sun articles that recommend the optimal temperature for server rooms to be about 72 degrees F, is there any documentation or guideline for HP and of their optimal temperature?

Thank you for any advice you can relay to me.
2 REPLIES
Tom Ward_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant

Hello Sondra,

Heat kills computers. Seventy-eight is a bit warm. I've never seen a normal production datacenter that was that warm. 72 is about right. It's normal to be a bit chilly in the datacenter. Your server may run at 78, but it'll last longer in a cooler environment.

Regards,
Tom
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant

It really depend from number of CPU, if you have Optional Fan Kit or Redundant Kit, Model of Rack open or closed â if you use roof fan, Server model, number of Power Supply, if you use all air baffle, air blanks. Sometimes simple solutions just add a fan k