New Discussion

Re: Prolient ML350 RAID to single disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
João
Visitor

Prolient ML350 RAID to single disk

Hello,

I'm experiance a fault because of low disk capacity, I have too 72Gb disks in mirror.

Is it possible to install a 300G disk and ghost de contente of the RAID into this disk with more capacity and boot de system normaly?

Thanks for any help,

João

7 REPLIES 7
Peter Jam
Frequent Advisor

Joao,

Check out this document:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00378986/c00378986.pdf

It may be an answer if you have the correct Array Controller.  Be careful though as you may use your data.  Others hadve tried it and not followed directions correctly and actuall deleted there logical drive, you don't want to do that.

João
Visitor

Thanks for your help pjamme, I think with this information evrything will run smoodly! :smileyhappy:

João
Visitor

Hello again,

I could not do it, with my startsmart CD I have the Array Configuration Utility 7.40.8.0 and I cant find the Split Mirrored Array anywhere.
rodger myles
Advisor

Just a thought, are your partitions the same size? Wondered if it would affect the rebuild.

Mikearm
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Hi

If you are trying to increase the size of the logical drive you could carry out the below

Swap one 72 GB disk with a 300 disk,

Wait for mirror to rebuild

Swap the other 72GB disk with another 300

Extend logical dirve

If windows use diskpart to extend partition

If it's the system partition boot into a gpart CD and extend it that way.

João
Visitor

Well it didn't work,

I have the 2 300Gigs disks with a 72Gigs volume and neither Gparted or diskpart see the rest of the disk Space.

I tried also to build a second Raid 1+0 volume with the 300Gigs disks, copyed with Ghost de volume with more space from the original Raid to the other, removed the 72Gigs disks, but the machine wont boot from the new Raid volumes.

I'm sure i created a bootable raid with the 300Gigs disks, now I dont know what to do next, and worst of all, I'm running out of space rapidely.

Thanks for your help anyway!

João
Visitor

Hello again,

I did it, The problem was that I didn't expanded the volume in the ARRAY contrler, after that I just expanded the partitions with Gparted boot CD and Voilá!, It's done.

Thanks for all the support.