1751975 Members
5102 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proxy Cache Problems

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Proxy Cache Problems

We appear to be experiencing a number of reliability problems with our proxy cache. Firstly, the proxy does not appear to be downloading content changes for cached pages (even if CTRL-Refresh is issued on the client). The only solution appears to be clearing the cache and starting afresh. This is hardly satisfactory for sites that are regularly being changed.

Secondly, we appear to have problems with animated GIF's. Often they do not download and appear as greyed areas on the page.

This is creating undue annoyance for our clients. I would be interested if anyone else is experiencing similar problems or if there is any backdoor method allowing reconfiguration/tweaking of the proxy configuration????

Regards, Mark B
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Have you applied the operating system enhancement available at http://www.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/locate/33_1146.html
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hey Mr Compaq, The url you refer to is a 2.08 upgrade. In looking at the compaq.com.au (Australian site), I have a 1.9 patch. What is the best to use? Will the 2.08 cause problems on my Australian Neoserver? can I patch teh 1.9 to 2.08?

Confused