ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753604 Members
5811 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Q57 LAN driver Checksumming, solved?

Miguel Veliz

Q57 LAN driver Checksumming, solved?

Hi everyone,

I ran into a communication issue with TCP & UDP with the Q57 nic driver for netware. I downloaded the latest Q57.LAN from the HP support & drivers site, but I wonder if the checksumming issues is resolved with this driver or there is still need to do some configuration within the cfg files, like the option CHECKSUM=OFF

Regards,
Knowledge seeker
5 REPLIES 5
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Which HP Proliant server do you have? Which OS version?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Miguel,

I think this is what you are looking for.
The problem was fixed in version 2.38 and above of the Q57.LAN driver. Please see the customer advisory below.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_EN021219_CW01

Regards,

Brian

Miguel Veliz

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the Document, now I have a statement from the hp site that supports my recommendation to the Boss... another question about this driver. Do you if the checksum=off parameter has been added to be a default, is it needed anymore or do I still have to write within the netinfo.cfg file?

Thanks for your reply Brian.
Knowledge seeker
Miguel Veliz

We are running DL380 G3 running Q57.LAN version 7.61 dated June 18 2004

Regards,
Knowledge seeker
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Miguel,

I do not know exactly what fixes were put in place and how the problem was resolved. I would imagine that since the CHECKSUM=OFF was just a workaround for an earlier problem that this would no longer be required. The fixes come from Broadcom, not HP.

You may find some more information on the Broadcom website as I cannot find any more technical documents which relate to the fix.

Regards,

Brian