HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QMS2462 doesn't show in POST after warm boot..

Henry Jansen_1
Regular Advisor

QMS2462 doesn't show in POST after warm boot..

Hi all,

I'am experencing a rare problem with the QMH2462 (Qlogic HBA) in a BL460c (latest bios) for which I already have a workaround but I wanted to know whether someelse also experiences it and has a decent solution for this ..

After placing the HBA in the BL460c everything works fine until you flash the machine with Firmware CD 7.91 and specifically the Broadcomm Ethernet Interface. As soon as this one is flashed the HBA won't show up anymore after a WARM boot in the POST (so your SAN disks are also gone). A cold boot solves the problem.. When I decide the upgrade everything in the machine execpt the Broadcom chip there no problem...

Any help would be appreciated.. Now I have 4 ESX hosts of which 2 have other Broadcom firmware and 2 won't see their datastores after a warm boot... :(
2 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: QMS2462 doesn't show in POST after warm boot..

I'd suggest opening a support case so HP can track and fix the issue

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Henry Jansen_1
Regular Advisor

Re: QMS2462 doesn't show in POST after warm boot..

Thanx Jimmy, for the quick reply however I was told that there is a firmware upgrade for the QMH2462 available (that is not yet included in the 7.91 firmware upgrade CD). I'am going to look for that first and when still no success I will inform the HP guys...