Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6000 UPS Insight manager.

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

R6000 UPS Insight manager.

Hi all,

I have one R6000 UPS that has a multi-server UPS card. I programmed the card Comm ports using config.exe and set Load segments 1-4 to be controlled by Comm1 and segment 5 to be controlled by Comm2. I then attached SERVER1s Comm1 to comm2 on the UPS and SERVER2's Comm1 to Comm2 on the UPS, then upgraded all Server agent software to 4.90 and then installed Power management Agent 1.70....I did not set the servers to work in a group? From each server CPM console is telling me its communicating with the UPS.

When viewing the UPS config via Insight Manager 4.90 I see everything except the Attachments button....its greyed out but I can set wink, countdown and shutdown timings from the shutdown timings button.

I have reinstalled the power agent multiple times and it doesn?t change a thing ?????

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have spent hours reading manual?s and reinstalling Power agents with no results.

Cheers
MP
3 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: R6000 UPS Insight manager.

Were you asked if you wanted to create a UPS group?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Yes, both installations of the Compaq Power Agent software asked 'Am I part of a UPS group - yes/no'. I chose No in both cases.

My reasoning behind this was that each server is attached to different load segment and each has its own serial cable connecting it to a unique Comm port on the UPS multi server card. Hence, each server would not be in a group but would be a controller for its segment/Comm port on the UPS.

Is my understanding of this incorrect?

Thanks for taking the time to assist me.
MP
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I have a similiar problem with an R3000 UPS. Installed Multi-Card, stopped and started the UPS to make sure it recognizes the multi-card. Uninstalled the agents, used the Config.exe to configure the Load Segments, re-installed the agents and I still get only one load segment. I cannot think of anything else to try and do to correct the problem.