Did you mean: 

RAID 1 STATUS Rebuilding 'since ages'

jag2050
Frequent Advisor

RAID 1 STATUS Rebuilding 'since ages'

Hello experts,

ProLiant DL320 G2 server with 2 HDD, I have this alert
'Integrated Ultra ATA-100 IDE RAID Controller on System Board (2)'
'Logical Drive 0 - RAID 1' Status Rebuilding.

How can I fix this alert, any advise please??
4 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: RAID 1 STATUS Rebuilding 'since ages'

How long has it been at this? How big are the disks? At ATA100 speeds and with large disks, the RAID1 rebuild can take several days. Is there any sign of a disk being written to when there is no other disk activity on the server?

While the server is up, take a good backup before messing around with the raid controller. After that check the raid controller status via the raid management utility. In some cases if there is a failed drive, you have to make the replaced drive a hot spare. See the setup-installation guide page 6-7 http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00690221/c00690221.pdf
jag2050
Frequent Advisor

Hi TT, Thanks for ur quick responce..

this issue is since almost more then 3 months. HDD size is 74GB, I attached a captured image to undesratnd the issue clearly, I also cannot open HP Array config utility.

Is there a way I can fix this issue.??
TTr
Honored Contributor

Where did the ACU come from? It finds the controller and displays it but clearly says it does not support this controller. It may be that what ACU reports is bogus and there is no "rebuilding Status". Look on page 6-3 of the URL above. It refers to a "Integrated ATA RAID Configuration Utility". This is probably not ACU which is what you are running. This utility is available at boot up (press F8) and should be in your windows as well, see page 6-7.
jag2050
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Mate,

I am not very good in RAID configs, ACU in the picture, just to give a brod view only.

my issue is in 1st half of the snapshot, is there a way I can fix this 'rebuilding RAID' issue without restarting and/or effecting running applications on this server.