4662 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Re: RAID 1 logical and physical drive failed

Atulram
Occasional Collector

RAID 1 logical and physical drive failed

Hello All,

Over the weekend my HP Proliant DL380 G9 server with 2008 R2 OS was down with "No bootable devices were detected, Please attach a UEFI bootable device".

Server OS drive was configured as RAID 1 with one disk showing as status failed and also the logical drive status as failed.

Our enginner replaced the faulty disk with new one and then it just crashed with error "the boot configuration data on you PC is missing or contains errors". We had to rebuid/reinstall OS from scratch.

What did my engineer missed ?

Was he suppose to break the mirror before replacing the disk ? if so then how is it done.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi @Atulram 

No wrong action. Logical drive disabled due to disk failure.
You can turn on the system by following these steps.

Please press F10 at Post Screen to enter Intelligent Provisioning----> Perform and Maintenance--->RAID Configuration and check hre if you get an option to Re-enable the Logical drive.

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

Atulram
Occasional Collector

Thanks Erdogan for replying.

Just to be clear the logical drive was not disabled, it was showing status as Failed and same was the status for physical drive when checked from ILO as the server was down.

We followed the same steps mentioned by you but we got error "the boot configuration data on you PC is missing or contains errors". 

My Question: Are we suppose to break/disable the mirror/raid before replacing the failed drive as the logical drive has failed and then enable it after the new disk is inserted ? if yes then can you please help me with the steps to do that.

Thanks. 

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

Hi 

is the bios mode have change for UEFI TO LEGACY  mode ?