3132 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RAID 5 Problem

Cresswell Williams
Frequent Advisor

RAID 5 Problem

Hi experts

I have a DL580 server with direct attached storage in an external enclosure. I have 10 disks in the enclosure, 5 for logical volume 1 (Drive E:\) and 5 for logical volume 2 (Drive F:\), each running RAID 5. One disk failed in the logical volume 1 and it caused the whole logical volume to fail. (Windows can't see it anymore)

Now, is there a way to repair this logical volume without damaging the data on it?
(Drive F:\ is still intact)

And is there a slight possiblity that another disk might have failed without me picking it up (i.e flashing lights on the disk in the enclosure)

Thank you in advanced

Kind Regards

Cresswell
2 REPLIES 2
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

To check the actual status of the logical drive, use Array Configuration Utility (ACU). If you don't have it installed, you can download it from the HP web site & install it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-746a29024b38439bb63c5ca3d8&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

This will give you the correct status of the logical drive (whether rebuilding, whether there are any other failures, etc.).
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

To check the actual status of the logical drive, use Array Configuration Utility (ACU). If you don't have it installed, you can download it from the HP web site & install it.

Unable to paste the link & post a reply. You would have to search on the HP web site. ;)

This will give you the correct status of the logical drive (whether rebuilding, whether there are any other failures, etc.).