ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748000 Members
4525 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RAID ADG enabler modules is missing or failed.

Tamas Csabina
Occasional Advisor

RAID ADG enabler modules is missing or failed.

the setup:
NetWare 6.5 SP8, HP DL380G5, with smart array e200i.

3 disks are configured in raid5, now trying to add a 4th disk, using cpqonlin.nlm, which is the ACU for NetWare.

When I start the tool, and selecting the raid card, I got the following warning:

"CPQONLIN.NLM has determined that one or more logical drives on this controller has been configured with RAID ADG and the RAID ADG enabler modules is missing or failed.
The accelerator on this controller will be disabled until the TAID ADG enabler module is replaced or until all logival drives using TAID ADG are deleted or miigrated to other RAID levels.
You will not be allowed to create RAID ADG logical drives untile the RAID ADG enabler module is replaced."

I coudl click this warning away, and get to the page where I can see my disks, but I don`t have an option to extend the array.

Could some explain the relation between extending an array with this RAID ADG enabler module? If there is any... Or anything about how to `replace` this enabler module, as I haven`t found any useful information regarding the E200i controller.

Or the issue not being able to extend the array is not related to that warning above? I have found forum topics where they say that:

- you cannot extend an array with cpqonlin.nlm. you have to reboot and boot smartstart

- you cannot extend an array if the cache battery is dead

Would these be better reasons?

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Storage Systems to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL). - Hp Forum MOderator

4 REPLIES 4
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please check the following advisory, it looks similar with your issue.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00621008&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=254906&prodTypeId=15351

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Tamas Csabina
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

I`ve tried with the latest cpqonlin.nlm, from 2009 (version 2.94, if I am not mistaken), which - regarding this linked support dics - should do what I look for.

Anyway, we will give it a try with the SmartStart CD, after:

- replaced the cached battery, to be sure

- applied this RAID ADG module, whenever we are able to track down how/where to find the correct part for the server...

David_Tocker
Regular Advisor

The e200 does not support raid 6 as far as I know. It also sucks at raid 5. Get a p400 and don't look back, it is as far superior as the model number indicates.

Regards.

David Tocker
David_Tocker
Regular Advisor

Whoops, wrote before reading properly. You cannot build a raid 5 with an e200 without a 128mb bbwc so it is probably the battery that it is referring to. In any case throw it aside and get a p400 :)

Regards.

David Tocker