cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID ARRAY

Michael Willis_1
Occasional Visitor

RAID ARRAY

I have a RAID5 that I am trying to extend. I have already expanded the raid to include a new drive. Now all I need to do is extend the volume to use the full space now. I thought about using the same HP tool to extend the volume however everytime I click extend it says not to use this software under windows 2000. My server is Windows 2003. Is it okay to use, or is there another solution?
2 REPLIES
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Re: RAID ARRAY

which version of the utility are you using? The message you're getting is normal for an older version (5.x). Is the one you're using called Compaq Array config utility or is it HP Array config utility?

You shouldn't have a problem with the version you're using, but I'd recommend using a newer version. The reason you get the error is because of a known issue which could occur. This is described in EM000915_CW01. The latest version is available at the following url:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23025.html
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Michael Willis_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: RAID ARRAY

As soon as I posted this, I went and looked at the downloads and got the new version. The web based one. Now it is running, however it is taking forever to add the new raid disk. The expansion. its been running for about 2 hours and only at 3%. Crazy. So I feel like a total noob. Sorry :(