108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RAID Card monitoring/management tools for DL160 G6 with P411 controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
Allen Huang_1
Frequent Advisor

RAID Card monitoring/management tools for DL160 G6 with P411 controller

We have some DL160 G6 with P411 array controller. The server is setup using RAID 50 plus hot spares, so it should be able to withstand a disk failure (or two). But in the case of a disk failure, how do we get the appropriate alerts or warnings from the RAID controller? We are running CentOS (akin to RHEL) 5.

By following the instructions on the HP website, we installed the following HP RPM packages:

hpacucli-8.35-7.0
hp-health-8.6.0.24-25
hpaducli-8.60-8.0
hp-snmp-agents-8.6.0.18-17

IPMI tools and the net SNMP utils are also installed. We can query the system but are not able to really get this disk OK-or-failed piece of information out of the system. We are not using HP SIM. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Allen,

HP 100 series servers do not have management capabilities... it can only be managed through some third party software or HP SIM using SNMP configuration.

Also Centos is not offically supported by HP... so you may not get any tools or support from HP.

You may have to contact Centos for such utilities..
thanks
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

wobbe
Respected Contributor

Allen Huang_1
Frequent Advisor

I see. Thank you for the information. We are considering to replace the DL160 with DL360 running RHEL 5. What functionality can we utilize on DL360 to achieve what we are trying to do?
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Allen,

" I see. Thank you for the information. We are considering to replace the DL160 with DL360 running RHEL 5. What functionality can we utilize on DL360 to achieve what we are trying to do?"

Yes ... You should be able to manage storage pretty well in DL360 server. I am assuming it it dl360 g6 server.

You can install HP Proliant Support pack on this server (dl360 g6)
Configure SNMP and Health application
IML to recieve h/w failure messages
HP Array Configuration Utility CLI for Linux to manage and daignose raid online
SMH=local management software

thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo