ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAID-Controller 642 or E200i - possible to get automatic information if disk is broken ?

Lentes
Occasional Advisor

RAID-Controller 642 or E200i - possible to get automatic information if disk is broken ?

hello,

i have systems running with Smart Array Controller 642 and E200i.
Is there a way to configure these controllers to inform automatically and directly, e.g. via email,noise ..., if a disk is broken ?
Thanks
Bernd
3 REPLIES
Andrew Young_2
Honored Contributor

Re: RAID-Controller 642 or E200i - possible to get automatic information if disk is broken ?

Hi Bernd

What make of servers are these installed in?

If they are HP Proliant Servers then you can use the relevant Proliant Support Pack.

In addition if the HP Servers are under a Care Pack or Maintenance Agreement or under warantee you could also install ISEE, but usually the PSP is more than adequate.

Regards

Andrew Y
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes
Lentes
Occasional Advisor

Re: RAID-Controller 642 or E200i - possible to get automatic information if disk is broken ?

hi andrew,

>What make of servers are these installed in?
HP ProLiant ML 350 G4p and ML 350 G5.
>If they are HP Proliant Servers then you can use the relevant Proliant Support Pack.
I have installed the PSP 7.8.
I'm just using the HPSMHP with hpadu and hpacu. Which tool do i have to use for automatic info ? (The PSP seem to be very powerful, i don't know all of these tools).

Bernd
Lentes
Occasional Advisor

hey,

i found out myself. Using HPSIM informs me about the failure of a harddisk or a power supply. Only thing that disturbs me is that HPSIM seems just to work with SNMP, not with WBEM. But i will open another thread for that question.
Bernd